[vox] [OT] renters question - 'snooping' landlord

mlaccs-news vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:25:46 -0700

I've followed this thread with great interest.  It seems to me that many =
are
missing a key point here.  The owners CARES about the property and is =
trying
to make the place better!!

I bet if you just ask him to let you know what he is doing and when, he =
will
tell you.  Especially if you explain that it will help you move anything
that could become a problem (cars, potted plants, bikes etc.).  If you =
go
grab the books and start quoting your "legal rights" as the first option =
you
stand to have a hostile relationship that is could make things a lot =
harder
on you than you need them to be.

I went through this about 15 years ago and after a couple of =
conversations
everything worked out just fine.