[vox] [OT] Paypal (was E-commerce/Credit Card...)

Ken Herron vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:12:44 -0700

--On Wednesday, April 09, 2003 08:47:19 PM -0700 Charles McLaughlin
<cmclaughlin@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> I recently designed a website for a non-profit organization that would
> like to accept donations online.  I've found that credit card processing
> services are expensive -- the cheapest I've found is ~$20/month.  This
> isn't feasible for the organization I'm working with.  Now I'm thinking
> of using PayPal, since there is no monthly fee.

This isn't a direct answer to your question, but I suggest you think hard
about signing up with paypal:

"eBay bends over backwards to hand users' personal info to police"
<http://www.politechbot.com/p-04485.html>
(Paypal is owned by eBay)

"Anti-abortion activist complains Paypal seized his account"
<http://www.politechbot.com/p-04524.html>

"Paypal deletes account of independent news site, gives no reason"
<http://www.politechbot.com/p-04548.html>

"Politech members reply over Paypal deleting news site account"
<http://www.politechbot.com/p-04552.html>

One of these mentions Affero, <http://www.affero.com/>. I don't know
anything about them other than what's on their home page, but you might
check them out.

--
Ken Herron