[vox-tech] Need Partitioning Advice

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Thu Oct 5 21:39:46 PDT 2017

What I generally do is make 2 or 3 12-20 GB partitions for root
filesystems and allocate the rest as a /work partition. Multiple root
partitions give you an easy way to try other distributions or upgrade to
new releases without disrupting what you already have.

/work is where my personal stuff goes and I'll have various symlinks
(mostly from my home directory) to places in there.

I don't bother with a separate /tmp. If something uses a lot of space in
there I could redirect that to /work as well, but it hasn't come up.

Have fun!

Rod