[vox-tech] Risks of upgrading past CentOS 6 supported PHP 5.4?

Bill Broadley bill at broadley.org
Thu Jun 2 23:36:58 PDT 2016

> Somehow with a painfully thin straw of ssh bandwidth and only one hour
> of high-latency, low-reliability Internet access each evening, I was
> able to kludge together a lockout of the kiddies within a couple of
> days and before they were able to compile an exploit kit.  When I
> reached Sydney, one of the first things I did from my hotel room was rip
> out the last bits of public-facing PHP exposure so I'd never have to
> worry about that again.

BTW, anyone in this situation should immediately install mosh .  It's
pretty amazingly better, can even fall over between multiple network
connections.

Or install it now just in case you have to tether to a marginal
cellular/wan connection.

Blurb from https://mosh.mit.edu/:

   Remote terminal application that allows roaming, supports
   intermittent connectivity, and provides intelligent local echo and
   line editing of user keystrokes.

   Mosh is a replacement for SSH. It's more robust and responsive,
   especially over Wi-Fi, cellular, and long-distance links.

   Mosh is free software, available for GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Mac
   OS X, and Android.