[vox-tech] Seeking recommendation: USB or low-profile PCI WiFi adapter

Mark's tech help markindavis at hush.com
Thu Apr 21 19:01:49 PDT 2016

Just wanted to chime in with agreement as to not having problems vis-a-vis USB wifi drivers on Linux.  (Got an immersion education in dealing with drivers, though, trying to hack together some Broadcom drivers for the card inside a Dell laptop, wow what a mindbender..)  Depends on the chipset & your distro obviously, but Linux has come a long way in this regard, that's for sure.
As far as an available dongle, I bought a  Netgear N, "dual-band" usb one at the thrift store for a couple bucks--  eager to see what it could do for me, I was disappointed when it failed on Linux & then also on Winbloze, at which point I decided I must've wasted all my time as the thing is likely just DOA.  Anyone want it?
Why do I mention this?  maybe the word can go forth from this humble listserv, that when you donate junk to the thrift store: PLEASE put a note on it regarding any faults it has!  (Will decrease anguish in the world amongst indigents & cheapskates.)

https://twitter.com/LinuxUserGroup

--
Shell programming is a 1950's jukebox - great if it has your song already.  --Larry Wall