[vox-tech] Hosting a email server at home but port 25 is blocked, what do I do?

Lance Geroso gero3977 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 06:40:30 PDT 2015

Hi,

So I have never ever ran a email server before but I do have a domain ready
and an I'm willing to learn how. I was researching just how when I learned
Comcast blocks SMTP 25 (yay Comcast /sarcasm). So I've come down to three
options, use a VPN provider, use a VPS, or use a VPS but just tunnel
through it to send email. I'm wondering which of these three would be the
best security and privacy wise. I'm also wondering if I go the VPS route
should I be trusting any of the providers on LowEndBox?  I'm not looking to
spend more than 10 bucks on this a month. (The cheaper the better for my
budget)  Any ideas where to go on this?

Thank you in advance, Lance