[vox-tech] wpa_supplicant on debian jessie

Richard Harke paleopenguin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 14:34:10 PDT 2015

I have been having trouble with wifi for several weeks now. Multiple tries
to connect,
then the connection drops at random times. I have just bought a new Acer
laptop
and installed jessie but the problems persist. I was at starbucks and after
connection,
the connection would drop in 4 to 6 seconds. Then I noticed in syslog that
the wpa_supplicant is cycling on and off at about that rate. One of the
messages
in syslog suggested deleting /run/wpa_supplicant/wlan0 which I did. But it
reappeared a few seconds later. There is also a
/var/run/wpa_supplicant/wlan0
which seems rather odd.

Any clues, anybody??

Richard