[vox-tech] Wi-fi issue

Chris Jenks chris at jenks.us
Fri Apr 17 08:40:34 PDT 2015

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015, Bill Broadley wrote:

>>   Connecting isn't controlling. Instead of being scared you could do
>
> Actually it's often enough.  Anyone that trusts DNS for instance can be
> redirected to an arbitrary 3rd party with a single luck UDP packet.

But by that reasoning, open wifi shouldn't exist, and that doesn't sound
very fun to me. I would rather find a way to have secure open wifi, or at
least as secure as my security needs justify. I'm not saying everybody
should share their wifi, if they have a cap or something. But what I see
on the airwaves is that almost everybody assumes that bandwidth has to be
"owned". As long as we are so into ownership for its own sake - which I
think is the main motivation for password-locking wifi - we may as well go
back to proprietary software too, make this a pugod list.