[vox-tech] need help with an error installing Ubuntu through Live USB Creator (LiLi)

ahraubert at ucdavis.edu ahraubert at ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 2 11:32:45 PDT 2014

Hello!
First,I appreciate that there is a group as yours for these technical
problems and I appreciate your time! Thanks!

My name is Aida and I am a biologist recently entering to the
bioinformatics field. I installed Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" (unity)
in my computer through a Linux Live USB creator (LiLi). My personal laptop
is a PC, and I would like to have Ubuntu to work in a dual mode (as a
window inside my microsoft).

Therefore, as explained in LiLi user-friendly install program, I installed
an ISO into my PC and a folder was created in my USB key. When executing
the VirtualBox.exe (it is the first step to get started) to open Ubuntu
window in my PC it shows an error telling that MSVCR100.dll could not be
found. I've been trying to download it without success from microsoft for
windows vista 32-Bit ...
And when I go on ignoring that pop-up, in the console it says "this kernel
requires the following features not present on the CPU: pae   Unable to
boot - please use  kernel appropriate for your CPU".

Does anyone know how to install MSVCR100.dll? Could somebody help to get
started?

I would so much appreciate your help solving this problem!
Thank you!

Cu,
Aida