[vox-tech] How many people run their own mail server?

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Thu Oct 17 14:46:28 PDT 2013

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:19:17 -0700
Brian Lavender <brian at brie.com> wrote:

> Is there a preferred Android email app?
>
> I see k9 email. https://code.google.com/p/k9mail/ Maybe I should use
> that. Metro has a way of bundling their own apps that are often not
> worth using.

My (Verizon) Note 2 runs Android 4.1.2 and the default email app works pretty well with my IMAP server using TLS.  It's good for checking and deleting mail, but I can rarely tolerate anything but a real keyboard for writing (when I do, it also connects to my Postfix MTA with TLS).

My previous phone, a Droid Charge with an earlier Android release was buggy and unusable with IMAP; tried K9 on that for a while with limited success... it stopped working after a while for reasons I could not fathom.

Rod