[vox-tech] How many people run their own mail server?

Brian E. Lavender brian at greg.brie.com
Wed Oct 16 08:25:48 PDT 2013

I have been running using procmail for quite some time and mbox. I find that
once I figure out how to do something, I often stop exploring. But, I have
not run imap and it seems that you really need Maildir to run imap.

I found an Exim filter that also has a sieve counterpart for filtering
mailing list email. I am also trying Maildir. I have to say that
mbox is great for archiving messages. gzip the file and your
done.

https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/MailFilteringTips