[vox-tech] How many people run their own mail server?

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Wed Oct 16 00:30:49 PDT 2013

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 23:52:25 -0700
"Brian E. Lavender" <brian at marquis-sys.com> wrote:
> I am curious how many people run their own mail server these days?

I've been running my own web and mail servers since about 1998.  Sometimes hosted in the past, but in-house is working well these days.  Mostly Apache/PHP, Postfix and Courier IMAP.  Linux Containers (LXC) is part of the mix to keep things flexible.

I used to like gmail and other Google offerings more than I do now.  They are getting too heavy-handed with all the social networking/marketing doodoo.

Rod