[vox-tech] How many people run their own mail server?

Nick Schmalenberger nick at schmalenberger.us
Wed Oct 16 00:02:49 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:52:25PM -0700, Brian E. Lavender wrote:
> I am curious how many people run their own mail server these days?
>
> It seems like most have taken to Gmail.

I do, I use exim on my vps. I use courier for imap, although I've
been meaning to switch to dovecot. For spam filtering I just use
a rdns check and dnsbl.sorbs.net which works ok, I still get some
spam. I've been meaning to sign up with junkemailfilter.com, I
know the guy who runs it and he is pretty nice. But I haven't
done that yet either, mostly because they don't support ipv6.
Nick