[vox-tech] Linux Kiosk Distro

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Tue Jun 12 17:56:08 PDT 2012

On 06/12/2012 05:51 PM, Thomas Johnston wrote:
> I was guessing that this would be a common thing and would have a simple
> tutorial somewhere. And I was thinking that using a major distro like
> Ubuntu may not be the way to go. Would it not be easier to secure a
> lightweight distro, because you can add only what functionality you
> need, rather than remove all the stuff you don't?

	You can start with something like Ubuntu Minimal. And then
	add only the packages you want. It is very light weight.
	If you know Debian, think netboot. While it installs everything
	over the network you end up with a very simple CLI version of
	Ubuntu which you can build up your OS from there.

	Note Minimal is not a server install.

							Tony