[vox-tech] Default directory permissions

Richard S. Crawford richard at underpope.com
Fri Feb 10 17:17:00 PST 2012

I have a directory on my server which has several people that can write to
it. Each person has their own username but they all belong to the same
group. I would like to make sure that every file and directory that is
created in that directory are group-writable. In other words, if Rita
(member of group psacln) creates a file or subdirectory, then Ginger (also
a member of group psacln) should be able to write to it or delete it, and
vice versa.

I have not been able to figure out how to set this up. Can anyone give me a
hand? This is probably something very simple that I just haven't been able
to figure out on my own.

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (richard at underpope.com) http://www.underpope.com