[vox-tech] errors with installing exim4

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Wed Apr 4 23:01:53 PDT 2012

I tried to install exim4 on an old system and I got the following errors. Any
suggestions?

brian

proto:/etc# apt-get intall exim4
E: Invalid operation intall
proto:/etc# apt-get install exim4
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  exim4-base exim4-config exim4-daemon-light
Suggested packages:
  eximon4 exim4-doc-html exim4-doc-info spf-tools-perl swaks
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  exim
  exim4 exim4-base exim4-config exim4-daemon-light
0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 1 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/2030 kB of archives.
After this operation, 2683 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
E: Could not perform immediate configuration on 'exim4'. Please see man 5 apt.conf under APT::Immediate-Configure for details. (2)

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

Professor C. A. R. Hoare