[vox-tech] Wi-Fi

Richard Harke paleopenguin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 22:30:53 PDT 2011

To follow up:  I removed knetworkmanager and installed wicd. I got mixed
results.
At my favorite coffee spot, I got the free wi-fi on wicd's connect menu and
it
actually did connect. But it does not work for my home network. Of course
the
free wi-fi is not encrypted while my home wi-fi is set to WPA2. I have been
able to
connect manually (using ifup). Also, with wicd I didn't see any way
to disconnect.
I do get my home network on the connect menu of wicd but according
to syslog dhcp fails to get an IP. When I use ifup, it gets an IP on the
first
try.

Richard