[vox-tech] Iceweasel that will not die

jdnewmil@gmail.com jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Mar 9 17:11:55 PST 2011

That message indicates that a lock file is still present in a configuration directory in your home directory. I don't use Iceweasel, so I leave it to you to figure out which directory (I would guess .iceweasel) and file are involved, and delete the file.

Richard Harke <paleopenguin at gmail.com> wrote:

I was having a lot of trouble with the browser, I decided to nuke all the cached stuff and start over. Under tools, I used the delete function to clear the caches. This didn't seem to clear everything. Finally I did an apt-get purge on iceweasel. Then shutdown and rebooted. Then I reinstalled using apt-get. But when I try to start iceweasel, I get a message that it is already running. I have done ps -A as root but I don't see anything that looks like iceweasel. I have also looked for a lock file but no luck. Does anybody have an idea? system is debian lenny and I use KDE Richard Harke_____________________________________________