[vox-tech] Iceweasel that will not die

Richard Harke paleopenguin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:07:01 PST 2011

I was having a lot of trouble with the browser, I decided to nuke all the cached
stuff and start over. Under tools, I used the delete function to clear
the caches.
This didn't seem to clear everything. Finally I did an apt-get purge on
iceweasel. Then shutdown and rebooted. Then I reinstalled using apt-get.
But when I try to start iceweasel, I get a message that it is already running.
I have done ps -A as root but I don't see anything that looks like iceweasel.
I have also looked for a lock file but no luck. Does anybody have an idea?
system is debian lenny and I use KDE

Richard Harke