[vox-tech] Speaking of no boot.......

jimbo evesautomotive at wavecable.com
Tue Jun 14 07:59:20 PDT 2011

I too have had a problem with my Linux drive and as Dr. Schronek I am not
comfortable with the whole shell/bash thing.  Did I say that right?

I did notice something very interesting though...I d/l the latest and
greatest version of Ubuntu and burned image to disk.  I then went to live X
mode and used the option of repair instead of install.  It worked and I
found that I now have a working Ubuntu OS.  Problem was that since I didn't
change the boot order of my hard drives in my bois it used the windblows
drive and installed grub wiping out the other bootloader.  Now you might
think that this is a good thing but my wife uses windows and I sure didn't
want to mess things up.  I love my wife but more important I like a peaceful
coexistance with her.

I repaired the windblows mbr and then changed the boot in bios.  I repaired
Ubuntu again but it didn't work.  It still will not boot into Ubuntu.

It appears that I have a working OS but the bootloader is somehow messed up.
Is there an easy fix?

Jimbo
Eve's Automotive
http://evesautomotive.com