[vox-tech] CalDAV

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jul 2 01:18:42 PDT 2011

Quoting Alex Mandel (tech_dev at wildintellect.com):

> You are aware of http://www.lugod.org/calendar/lugod-only.ics
> Other options on:
> http://www.lugod.org/calendar/

I'm curious:  How is that data generated and maintained?  And how is the
RSS+XML generated?  Is the code available?

I have my own calendar (BALE) back-ended by a custom MySQL
setup that has events, event templates, and groups tables.
The data are served to the Web dynamically by a PHP snippet, though
that's a bit wasteful of machine resources and I've been seriously
considering generating static HTML via cronjob, instead.

Only after that did people start saying 'Hey, can you also produce iCAL?
Can you also produce an RSS feed?'  Which would have been easier if it
had been part of the design spec.

I've hacked some Python that almost//sort-of produces correct iCAL
output, but it requires some more work.