[vox-tech] Free cross platform database applications

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Mon Jan 31 11:30:47 PST 2011

Tim's tool could be the way to go, but I thought I would throw some options
out there.

This is using Eclipse with your database. Derby is a java database.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Getting_Started_with_DTP

Also check out Seam. It has the framework to build an application that you
might be interested in. It runs in a J2EE application server such as
JBOSS.

You might want to take a look at GRAILS too. There is the SacGRU group.
http://www.sacgru.org

I still find Web based apps complex.

brian

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 08:41:09AM -0800, jimbo wrote:
> Hi Mr. Riley:
>
> Could you please talk more about your project possibly next Sunday over a
> beer or 2?
>
> I am also researching something like this but in addition a web browser form
> that generates repair orders and keeps customer info in a server database.
>
> I thought I found the silver bullet:
>
> http://www.formtools.org/
>
> Almost what I wanted but lacking some functions.  I don't know if I have to
> start from scratch and get a LAMP developer as well.
>
> Jimbo
>
> http://evesautomotive.com

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."
--Kasey Kasem