[vox-tech] Hardware crash

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sat Feb 26 16:31:35 PST 2011

Before you write off the mobo, I would check the power supply. Of course, ps failures sometimes take out the mobo along their way out, but not always.
DCN:<jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> Basics: ##.#. ##.#. Live Go...
Live: OO#.. Dead: OO#.. Playing

Dylan Beaudette <dylan.beaudette at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, Accidentally sent part of this message too soon. I have been using an ASUS PC-DL Delux dual Xeon based machine since about 2005. Overall it has been a very decent machine. However, this morning I plugged in a usb device, the machine froze, and now will not POST. I have tried disconnecting everything inside of the machine, but it will not sound the POST beep, and no video appears on the monitor. I have tried pulling the CMOS battery and resetting the BIOS via jumper... but nothing. I have had problems with the USB ports on this machine in the past, however it would always recover after a reboot. Any ideas? Or is it time for a new motherboard + CPUs ? Thanks in advance, Dylan_____________________________________________