[vox-tech] Hardware crash

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 14:58:53 PST 2011

Hi,

Accidentally sent part of this message too soon.

I have been using an ASUS PC-DL Delux dual Xeon based machine since
about 2005. Overall it has been a very decent machine. However, this
morning I plugged in a usb device, the machine froze, and now will not
POST. I have tried disconnecting everything inside of the machine, but
it will not sound the POST beep, and no video appears on the monitor.
I have tried pulling the CMOS battery and resetting the BIOS via
jumper... but nothing. I have had problems with the USB ports on this
machine in the past, however it would always recover after a reboot.

Any ideas? Or is it time for a new motherboard + CPUs ?

Thanks in advance,
Dylan