[vox-tech] Tablet-laptop recommendations.

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Aug 7 13:53:03 PDT 2011

On 08/07/2011 01:32 PM, Edwin Groot wrote:
> Hello Alexandra,
> You are looking for a convertible TabletPC.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_tablet_PCs#Convertible
>
> I have only seen ones that run Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. I liked
> the Lenovo X61. The other one I tried, a Dell Latitute XT, had a slow
> startup, but that again was Windows XP.
> The Linux column only has a few HPs that are certified for Linux.
> Google for the other models.
>
> Good luck!
> Edwin

Lenovo (Thinkpads) have historically worked quite well with Linux (They
sell some models with OpenSuse). For the details about specific versions
and how to get exotic things like the Stylus working, or if it's known
not to - Thinkwiki is the place.
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:X61_Tablet

I believe that XP Tablet is fairly common because the system requirement
of Win 7 just don't fly on the light hardware - and Starter edition
(what the use on netbooks) may lack Touch features.

Enjoy,
Alex