[vox-tech] Tablet-laptop recommendations.

Alexandra Geddes mexicalex at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 17:23:54 PDT 2011

Hi.

I've never used Linux, but i'm hoping to install it on a laptop-tablet (one of the laptops with a touch screen that flips around into a tablet.  I don't know exactly what they're called).  It's to use in teaching, so i can write on slides in class.

And i'm trying to figure out which of those machines work better or have more trouble with linux.  Does anyone have either recommendations for specific machines or for a site that would have reviews or something?

I'm also totally open to suggestions for other types of hardware that would accomplish that goal.

Recommendations for older models are totally fine, cause i generally prefer to buy things that are used or refurbished.

Thanks.
alex.