[vox-tech] HTPC/Media PC image not centered/symmetrical on TV

Wes Hardaker wjhns156 at hardakers.net
Mon Apr 25 10:42:50 PDT 2011

>>>>> On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 07:03:08 -0700, aaronb at mcn.org said:

a> Yes, it is a strange resolution.

And almost certainly the source of your problems...  You've gotta get it
to a resolution the TV/screen/whatever can handle.  Anything else and
it'll clip or show bars or ...

BTW, the myth setup menus have the ability to change the position on the
screen as well...  They have 'move up/left/down/right' menus as well as
scaling to at least get the picture to completely show up on the
screen.  But this likely won't help in an underlying digital
transmission (they were more for the analog side where you could control
things better).

a> Well, I've been a fan of Nvidia for the longest time, and was hesitant at
a> going with ATI.  I feel even stronger about that now.  Lesson Learned.

I've admittedly stopped buying ATI cards because the linux support was
often questionable at best.  But that may have changed (I don't know).

--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/