[vox-tech] Which distro for file/print/web server

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Sep 26 12:51:18 PDT 2010

I finally have a small low power contraption on the way to begin my
foray into a low power network server. Looking around at my options I'm
not sure what distro to try on it first.

Here are the requirements:
SSH/SFTP/SCP
Samba
Print Server for Multi-OS (CUPS via Samba probably)
Apache + mod_wsgi (Trac & Django)

Optional:
Web interface to manage it

FreeNas sounded intriguing but seems to only do the first 2 without a
lot of arm twisting. So I started looking at Debian and Ubuntu but I
can't seem to decide which version of those would give me the easiest
setup. Anyone have and opinion about Debian testing and unstable for
this purpose, I think Stable doesn't have new enough packages for my needs.

Also anyone have an opinion on webmin or suggestions for something
similar that would allow me to manage most of the sharing, printers and
apache via a web interface?

Thanks,
Alex

FYI I got a Zotac ZBox atom 330 with Nvidia Ion + SSD and an external 2
TB drive.