[vox-tech] Permission Denied Error

Anahita Yazdi atyazdi at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 8 21:58:06 PDT 2010

Thank you very much. I am so very sorry if my issue is being a little
confusing. In fact I need to change the header files of a program that I
installed on this system. They arent files that could potentially harm my
system at all. Its a visualizer software. All I need is to change a few
numbers on the header file for scaling purposes. It wont really cause any
problem on the system that is why its not a bad idea at all. I just dont get
why the file appears to be "read-only" to me. Before, I used to make changes
on this header file without any problem. So this is something completely
new. All I need is to know why I lost the permission and how can I again fix
the problem. Because I realized its not only for this header file that my
permission fails but also its any other file I open I dont have permission
to make changes on it!