[vox-tech] Sopcast

Eric Lin notapplicable.haha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 20:28:37 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 07:34:17PM -0800, Aaron Brayton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Someone showed me P2P streaming today, and I'm trying to explore it on
> my own.  I seems as though I need to install sopcast, but I'm having
> trouble.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 8.10.
>
> I tried installing the package sp-auth_3.2.6_all.deb
> (http://code.google.com/p/sopcast-player/downloads/list) but I got the
> error message:  "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable:
> ia32-libs|lib32stdc++5"

ia32-libs is a package in the universe repository. Have you enabled the
universe repository?

For more help on installing sopcast, visit:
http://www.blog.hyperend.info/installing-sopcast-on-ubuntu/

Apparently, you'll also need to install the medibuntu repository, the
instructions for which are linked from the document I linked above.

-Eric