[vox-tech] Fwd: Very slow off net

Richard Harke paleopenguin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 00:06:24 PDT 2009

I have confirmed that Borders hotspot sets resolv.conf to use openDNS.
Which by the way, seems to work better than my router on my home network.
Maybe another example of the problems with earthlink.

That leaves the question: why access DNS at all for a application launch?
My desktop doesn't do it. Its debian lenny for x86 while my laptop
is debian etch for amd-64

Richard