[vox-tech] Neverwinter Nights on Linux

Darth Borehd darth.borehd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:27:20 PDT 2009

I play the Linux version of Neverwinter Nights a lot and have no issues
except one annoying one.

When playing in fullscreen mode, there seems to be no way to minimize, move,
switch applications, or change desktops.  All of my hotkeys seem to be taken
over by the game.  The only ones that work are the the CTRL+ALT+F# keys to
bring up other consoles.  The only way back to the Gnome desktop is exiting
the game completely.  I really want to to be able to check emails and IMs
without having to leave.  I play on a public server so I can't just save the
game and load back where I was.

I can edit the .ini file to AllowWindowedMode=1 but it has no effect.  I can
change fullscreen=1 to fullscreen=0 and be locked into playing in windowed
mode with no option to maximize or go fullscreen, which I don't prefer.

I tried googling how to fix it and found just references to instructions on
a now defunct webpage.

Anybody else have a copy of the referenced instructions or have any other
ideas?

I run Ubuntu 9.04 and have the proprietary nvidia drivers.