[vox-tech] make replacement?

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Thu May 21 20:28:15 PDT 2009

After almost 40 years of development, make still can't sort out dependencies
well without help from either the programmer or gcc.

Just found clump:

http://fexl.com/clump

I threw a few non-trivial programs at it, and it seems to do the right
thing.  Projects with complicated dependencies and multiple executables
compiled right out of the box.

The best part is how you compile stuff.  You just type:

   clump

and that's it.  If anybody has a spare 20 minutes, I'd be curious to hear
what your experience with it is.

It doesn't appear to do c++, but I think there's a way of making that work.

Pete