[vox-tech] download manager c++ code

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Jun 22 22:46:54 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 01:00:58AM -0400, Hai Yi wrote:
> hello Ken:
>
> I've just installed cclive and it seemed working, thanks a lot!
> Two more questions though:
> 1. does it provide a API? maybe it's only an utility. I noticed that
> you mentioned kget has a shared lib exposing an API, i'll check it out
> later;
> 2. any such things for Windows ?

I think you seek cURL.  From Wikipedia:

  cURL is a command line tool for transferring files with URL
  syntax. The original author of cURL is Daniel Stenberg, who started
  the project in 1997, as a way to transfer files more programmatically
  via protocols such as http, ftp, gopher, sftp, ftps, scp, tftp, and
  many more (13 total), via a command line interface. The strong point
  of cURL is the number of data transfer protocols it supports (listed
  further down). Distributed under the MIT License, cURL is free
  software.

  The main purpose and use for cURL is to automate unattended file
  transfers or sequences of operations. For example, it is a good tool
  for simulating a user's actions at a web browser.

Of particular note is:

  Libcurl is the corresponding library/API that users may incorporate
  into their programs; cURL acts as a stand-alone wrapper to the libcurl
  library. libcurl is used to provide URL transfer capabilities to
  numerous applications (open-source as well as proprietary).

  Bindings in more than 30 languages are available for libcurl.

And here's cURL:

  http://curl.haxx.se/

Enjoy!