[vox-tech] What could be interfering with my wireless

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jun 2 11:09:41 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 06:20:46PM -0700, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> Every so often, the WAP drops its signal, which isn't too surprising.
> What's surprising and extremely annoying is that it appears that some
> process on my own computer -- 192.168.1.110 -- causes the WAP to drop
> its signal, which boots my wife off the Internet. Sometimes the
> problem can be resolved by power cycling the WAP, but sometimes I have
> to reboot my own computer before her connection can be re-established.

This sounds similar to an issue my laptop and my wife's laptop have been
having now and then.  (Though sometimes I swear adding an icepack to my
laptop makes its Wifi more reliable.)  If she turns on her computer after
it having been off, I'm suddenly booted from the net.

We have an all-in-one wireless router (*man i need glasses*)  WRT545G, FWIW.