[vox-tech] Real VNC #$%!!

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Tue Jul 14 07:27:29 PDT 2009

ALLO (Alfredo Lopez De Leon) wrote:
> Hi, I am using Real VNC to connect to a Linux server(s) when I work
> from home and I need to run X-applications.  However, it is a pain in
> the neck that I cannot do copy&paste between my WinXP laptop and my
> Linux servers through Real VNC.  A Google search shows that the
> problem is that RVNC uses the cut buffer instead of the copy.  Is
> there a solution to this? Is there another VNC client that will do
> copy& paste? At work I use Xwin-32 and it works well, but it not
> efficient to use Xwin-32 over a VPN on a slow DSL.
>
> Thanks for any comments.
>
> Cheers! Alfredo Lopez Novozymes, Inc. 1445 Drew Ave Davis CA 95618
> United States

There's TightVNC and UltraVNC, but I haven't used either one so can't
advise on clipboard capabilities.

Another option would be to use NoMachine's NX instead of VNC.  Pretty
much identical capabilities as VNC, and it's supposed to be faster too.
  I just verified that copy and paste from client to server works under
NX (or at least it does when testing with two Linux+KDE machines).

HTH,

DR