[vox-tech] Invisible widgets in Java applets?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jul 9 17:06:26 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 07:01:35PM -0500, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Please tell us the output of
> $ update-alternatives --list firefox-javaplugin.so

  /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
  /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so

> If it's not a Sun JDK, you would need to use update-alterantives
> --configure (as root) on the appropriate alternative (which I think
> would be firefox-javaplugin.so, but I'm not sure because there are also
> several others for java plugins), to make the Sun version be the version
> your browser uses.

So sounds like it's the Sun JDK.

> If it's a non Sun JDK, then I suspect the problem would be that you're
> missing either classpath-gtkpeer or classpath-qtpeer to provide the
> widgets.

So would either of these help in this case?  Right now,
'aptitude search' shows:

  p   classpath-gtkpeer           - clean room standard Java libraries - GTK+
  p   classpath-qtpeer            - clean room standard Java libraries - QT AW

Thanks!

Sent from my computer