[vox-tech] Promise SmartStor NS2300N NAS success & mount questions

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jan 7 11:57:04 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 10:59:29AM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> Bill,

One word answers all questions:  I have a baby.

> What sort of throughput do you get? And what about that guest user
> issue?

I have not actually had time to play with it, aside from plugging the drive
in, formatting it, enabling Linux access, and testing an ability to mount it
manually.

> Hey, you left the Crepeville social early!

William didn't nap yesterday afternoon, so got real fussy/excited at
crepeville.  I left at 7:40.  I ended up going home, giving him a bath,
and because he still wasn't looking like he'd sleep, we went to the Co-Op to
fill up our water bottles, and drove around until 10:40. >:^P

He of course got up at, like, 7:30 today :) Sheesh. I think he's trying to
kill me.