[vox-tech] An impossible series of windows that lock your computer

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Apr 6 13:39:04 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 01:30:21PM -0700, vox-tech-bounces at lists.lugod.org wrote:
>    Oh, so the way this works is that it's like an e-mail id synchronized with
>    a forum system as a backbone?
<snip>

Bounced again. :) I'm going to plug your email into the subscription form
for the list. You'll receive a confirmation email. Simply reply to it and
you should be signed up for the list. You'll receive an email (which you
should keep) that includes your password, for unsubscribing or otherwise
changing your preferences for the list.

Anyway.  It's simply a mailing list managed by "Mailman" software.  See:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Mailman

and for more general info on lists:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_mailing_list

Briefly:

People subscribe to the list.  When anyone sends an email to the list
address, all subscribers receive it.

Furthermore, the list may require that people who post must be subscribed
(prevents spam, and is generally the preferred way of doing things for
a public list like this).  The list may be archived, using various kinds
of software (which is why you can see posts to the lists on our website,
some dating back 9 years).  Subscribers may choose to receive emails as soon
as they are sent to the list, or in a 'daily digest' mode, where they get
them all, once a day (or at some other threshold).  Etc. etc. :)

Sent from my computer