[vox-tech] Resizing partitions to increase swap - a bright idea?

Ryan cjg5ehir02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Nov 20 15:35:18 PST 2008

For what it's worth, I've resized ext3 partitions several times without
incident.  I'd recommend about 6GB of swap for hibernation on a machine with
4GB of ram, unless using more than 2GB of swap is something you expect to
have a problem with.

And yes, if something goes wrong, you'll be restoring from backup.  Make them
before you start. :)