[vox-tech] USB disk drive problem

Bryan Richter bryan.richter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 09:44:15 PST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Norm Matloff wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, I had already tried them.
>

> Certainly the OS noticed that the USB hard drive was plugged in.  There
> was an error message of -110, but I couldn't find any site that explains
> what this error actually is.

This makes it sound like it is an oddity of Mint's Linux (kernel)
configuration. If the device works everywhere else, it is not a problem with
the device. And we know it isn't a problem with a functioning Linux kernel,
nor with a functioning Ubuntu.

I hate to ask more "dumb" questions, but: Has Mint been fully updated? Is it
using its own, presumably Ubuntu-inherited, kernel packages? If so, I would
imagine that Mint's mailing list would be the next best place to find useful
information.

--
Bryan Richter