[vox-tech] openoffice and word

Carl Boettiger cboettig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 16:16:19 PST 2008

Hi all,

I dual-boot windows and linux and save documents to a third (vfat)
partition.  I began editing a file in windows on MS word.  I switch to
linux, open it in openoffice and edit and save the file in .doc format.  I
reboot into windows.  Will windows give me the time I last edited it in Word
or the (more recent) time I last edited it openoffice in linux?

My problem is that going back to windows and opening the file, i don't see
any of the changes in linux, and the time last edited according to windows
is the time I last edited it in MS word.  There's no record of the editing
in openoffice anywhere.  Any possible explanations?

Carl