[vox-tech] [OT] surewest wireless coverage in davis

Bill Broadley bill at cse.ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 1 18:44:52 PST 2008

Henry House wrote:
> I need to change cell providers. I have Sprint and the coverage really
> sucks --- i have essentially no signal inside my house. It's spotty in
> other parts of Davis too. Surewest's wireless unlimited plan looks quite
> attractive*. Can anyone comment on their coverage quality in Davis?

I'm an old AT&T customer, then I was sold to cingular... and back.

Coverage is spotty, then again maybe it's my old rather dated cell phone.  In
any case I've been increasinly roaming onto t-mobile's network, and the
coverage is actually pretty good.  Kinda strange that I spend more time on
T-mobiles network than AT&T+Cingulars.

T-mobile has a pretty good customer satisfaction (I think cingular is lowest
and t-mobile the highest, at least according to one survey).  I'm definitely
thinking of switching but hoping that something interesting comes out during
the cell phone conference that's going on from the 11th-14th.  Openmoko
doesn't quite seem there yet, gphone isn't here (but the simulator is fun and
promising), and the iphone has no SDK... so far.

Oh, I think t-mobile has a cheap net plan for cell phone, not sure if you mean
net for a phone or net for tethering.