[vox-tech] Using doxygen to generate man pages

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Aug 16 22:21:29 PDT 2008

I'm getting myself familiar with doxygen, and it's working fairly nicely
for HTML output, but I'm unhappy with the man pages it generates.

It generates a manpage for each \page and \subpage I create, which I guess
I could deal with my marking them as \htmlonly.

However, unless I set MAN_LINKS=on in the doxygen.cfg file, I _don't_
actually gets man pages for any of the functions that my one .h file
lists.  If I _do_, then I get man page links for _everything_ (including
the To-Do list generated by \todo tags, every #define and typedef I described
in doxygen, etc.!)

Is there an easy way to get a middle-ground?  I don't want to dump man
pages about "max", and "color" and "todo" on a user's system... I just
want pages for the few XY_foobar() and XY_bazzap() functions my library
provides. :)

Thanks in advance,