[vox-tech] How safe is this upgrade?

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Thu Sep 20 15:20:11 PDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 03:44:00PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> An associate of mine has this Debian server in a hosting facility
> that's been running for about two years, and would like to do a
> dist-upgrade.  Does anyone see any reason that this might screw things
> up?  I'm a bit concerned about the large number of changes that will
> be applied.
>
> Below are some things that I see when preparing to upgrade.  TIA for
> any comments.
>
> Rod

I upgraded two machines to etch and both had problems. It seem that the
kernel upgrade and the udev had problems that stopped my upgrade from
going. On one system, I had a bunch of packages removed that I had to
re-add, because the upgrade crapped out half way through.

brian

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/