[vox-tech] Intel graphics on Ubuntu

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Wed Sep 19 19:54:14 PDT 2007

Here's a tip for all of you who are using Ubuntu on laptops with Intel
graphics and having trouble getting the right resolution.
There is a new Xorg driver in the package xserver-xorg-video-intel (in
the universe repository) that works much better than the old one
(xserver-xorg-video-i810). I could not get a 1440=D7900 resolution to work
with any amount of tinkering with xorg.conf and 915resolution with the
old driver; the new one works perfectly. As an added bonus,
915resolution is apparently no longer needed.

Details are found here:
http://www.linlap.com/wiki/Configuring+the+Intel+Graphics+Media+Accelerator=
+900-950+for+Linux#UbuntuKUbuntuXUbuntuLinux704

-- =

Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13