[vox-tech] Gimp and batch processing tga to whathaveyou

Gandalf Parker gandalf at any1can.net
Sun Nov 4 06:54:24 PST 2007

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Jimbo wrote:

> Perfect!  This is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> Nice light and does what I want.  And I can use it under windows.  And heck,
> I don't haev to convert to view.

I also use IrfanView for such conversions in Windows. Its an excellent
program.

> I have a game called team fortress 2in which it uses tga format for
> snapshots.  I use it under windows.  Don't shoot me but I am a gamer and find
> it hard to get games to port over to linux.

I have a favorite game called Dominions 3. Ive loved Dominions, Dominons
II, and now 3 for years. Very deep strategy (not some kiddie joystick
game). It supports Windows, Mac, and Linux. But I totally understand what
you say. I prefer to play it in GUI Windows, and host it in Linux where I
can make the most use of all of its command switches by scripting.

Gandalf  Parker
-- WARNING: this game is NOT suitable for students, interns,
apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular
basis. Do not think about Dominions strategys while operating heavy
machinery. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36
hours straight then you should consult a physician immeadiately (Do NOT
show him the game!)