[vox-tech] OpenOffice - moving a table

Donald G. McGahan dgmcgahan at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 21 17:55:26 PDT 2007

Peter Jay Salzman <p at dirac.org> wrote: A macro has placed a table at the top of the page.  There appears to be
space below the table.  Here's what the page looks like:

+------------+
| +--------+ |
| |        | |
| |        | |
| |        | |
| +--------+ |
|            |
|            |
+------------+

I want to stick text above the table.  However, I can't seem to position the
cursor "above" the table to insert text.  The table doesn't want to seem to
move, like it's anchored at the very top of the page (modulo the margin
which you can't use anyhow).

How do I move this table to make room for text above it?

Also, there appears to be a blank second page.  Nothing actually appears to
be on the page, so there's nothing for me to delete in order to remove the
page.  Any ideas on how to remove the second page?

Even though the table doesn't extend to the bottom of page 1, I'm wondering
if these two problems are related?

It's so odd that I feel more proficient at LaTeX than I do a simple word
processor...  :-(

Thanks,
Pete

--
How VBA rounds a number depends on the number's internal representation.
You cannot always predict how it will round when the rounding digit is 5.

Peter Jay Salzman, email: p at dirac.org web: http://www.dirac.org/p

Peter,
 place cursor in top left cell at begenning of anyting in cell and left arrow.

Donald Greg "DiG" McGahan
University of California Davis
One Shields Ave (LAWR)
Davis, California 95616
Soil and Biogeochemistry
1146 Plant and Environmental Sciences Building
Laboratory Phone: 1-530-752-0144
Office Phone: 1-530-752-2205
email: soilman at ucdavis.edu or  dgmcgahan at yahoo.com
MSN Messenger: dgmcgahan at hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: dgmcgahan at yahoo.com

Wisdom "the trait of utilizing knowledge and experience with common sense and insight"
Ped-O-quote
"The lithosphere is the easel, the pedosphere the canvas, and the biosphere the painting on the canvas." (Gleason and Cronquist 1964)