[vox-tech] Open Source Appreciation Day (Was re: You are here -><- )

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Sun Mar 18 19:49:25 PDT 2007

On Sunday 18 March 2007 19:35, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Sometimes Kudos is enough.  I seriously need to sit down and put together
> a world-wide "Open Source Developer Appreciate Day" (kinda like
> "Secretary's Day" or "Mother's Day").
>
> Everyone would be encourage to send a gift (money, postcard, chocolate,
> beer, chocolate beer) or just a 'thank you!' email to the developers of
> their favorite OSS software.

I wrote out a check for $50 to Debian today.  It will go out in tomorrow's
mail.

I like the Debian project.  And even though I'm going to put Kubuntu on my
laptop, I've heard that Ubuntu is a Debian based distro.  I'm not sure giving
money to Debian really helps Kubuntu or not, but Debian deserves support
anyway.

Giving a little money is the only thing I can do since I have no technical
expertise of any kind.

Bob