[vox-tech] Open Source Appreciation Day (Was re: You are here -><- )

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Mar 18 19:35:28 PDT 2007

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 07:14:15AM -0700, Gandalf Parker wrote:
> IMHO its because people have forgotten how to pay for free things.

Sometimes Kudos is enough.  I seriously need to sit down and put together
a world-wide "Open Source Developer Appreciate Day" (kinda like
"Secretary's Day" or "Mother's Day").

Everyone would be encourage to send a gift (money, postcard, chocolate,
beer, chocolate beer) or just a 'thank you!' email to the developers of
their favorite OSS software.

One day, I tried to send email to as many developers I could of the
software I use on a day-to-day basis.  From Konsole to the Kernel, if
I rekall^H^H^H^Hcall.

-bill!
(whose Tux Paint is mentioned in today's "The Unofficial Apple Weblog"
and in April's "Macworld Magazine", and who got $10 via paypal from some
happy user a coupla days ago... so _I_ feel appreciated... for the moment ;) )